INNOVATIVE VIRTUAL EXPO PART OF COVID19 BUSINESS RELIEF EFFORT
The Eastern Cape's first Virtual Business Exhibition will be held on June 11 and 12, as part of a response to assist battered Eastern Cape companies to reconnect, trade and grow sales.
While it is expected that lock-down regulations will be lifted in phases, social distancing will persist and business will need affordable and dynamic ways in which to capture sales and customers, says organiser Andrew Binning of Inkanyezi Events.
"The Eastern Cape's first virtual exhibition is open to business of all sizes and across all sectors, throughout the region as a vibrant , 3D and interactive way to reach record -breaking visitor numbers'', Binning said.
Each of 225 participating businesses at the Eastern Cape Virtual Exhibition - powered by Algoa FM - have a branded, virtual exhibition presence, with the capability for visitors to view company video inserts, special offers and also to instant message or live chat, he said.
The event is being supported by organised business in the province and support has been received from the Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency, Standard Bank, The Eastern Cape Development Corporation and ABSA.
The Nelson Mandela Bay Business Chamber CEO Nomkhita Mona said the chamber recognizes the massive disruption to business and individuals that has been caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent national lockdown.
"The measures and interventions announced by government are necessary to curb a widespread outbreak of the virus. It is therefore important for businesses to embrace technology of some form to ensure business continuity where possible.
"The Business Chamber thus acknowledges the importance of the virtual business exhibition initiative and hope it will create an alternative platform for businesses to showcase their products and services beyond the Metro region.
Binning said visitors, using any device that accesses the internet, would enter the expo for free, navigate through the floorplan, read company profiles, view video reels, visit a company website and live chat or mail exhibitors, while browsing through various 'pavilions' and areas of interest like "The Auto Showroom' or "Wine Tasting", 'Coffee Bar", 'Food Court" or sit a while in the seminar room.
He said the Expo will be open and live only on June 11 and 12 between 8.30am and 5pm.
Binning said the Expo was created using sophisticated and unique game-play like software and visitors would be treated to an experience which would include access to special features like wine-tasting, coffee bar, fashion parlour, financial couch, entertainment stages with Gino Fabbri, Niqui Cloete-Barrass and other local legends. There will also be a Seminar featuring top national business leaders speaking on the economic and HR aspects of COVID impact, including former SACOB President Kevin Wakeford.
Attendance is free to all visitors.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO VISIT THE EXPO
1. Go to site https://www.vertex-hub.com/
2. Click on "Register Now" button
3. Enter your details and click on "Register". (remember these details)
4. Click on "Download App" button
5. Once downloaded, extract the contents of the downloaded zip file and double click "Vertex HUB Installer.exe".
6. Follow the instructions on the installer and complete the installation process.
7. An icon to launch the app will be created on your desktop called "Vertex HUB". Double click this to open the App.
8. Once started, the app will run an auto-update, after which it will show the login screen.
9. On the login screen, enter the user credentials (email and password) you used to register on the vertex-hub site. (as per step 3)
10. You will now enter the Eastern Cape Virtual Expo - powered by Algoa FM
11. There are four halls - choose which one to enter first.
A full directory of exhibitors is available at https://www.inkanyezi.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/FLOOR-PLAN.pdf
Instructions on how to navigate and interact will be presented once the user has entered an exhibition hall.
Author: Andrew Binning